Friday, November 30, 2007

TGIF

Yay! Tomorrow starts our basement refinishing project. I cannot tell you how excited I am! This has been something Vince and I have talked about since moving into our house and 4 years later, it is finally happening! Half of the finished portion will become an office and the other half will be a second livingroom/playroom. It is perfect timing as our main living space has been taken over by Olivia's toys and poor Vince has been using the desk in Olivia's bedroom for his office.

Vince and two other guys will start (and hopefully finish) the framing tomorrow. There are many other steps involved but we are hoping the entire project will be completed by the end of December... at least that is what we are shooting for..

Anyway, here's the 'before' picture. Don't mind the mess.... I will try to post some more pictures as the project progresses.

I'll be taking the girls out of the house tomorrow while the work is being done. We'll be meeting up with Auntie Ari and Q to see Santa who will be arriving by helicopter at Patriot's Square in Dennis. I told Olivia that Santa was coming in a helicopter and she goes... 'mama, what happened to Santa's sleigh?' She was very concerned. It was cute.

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

How exciting to be able to add more space! I just talked to you and you didn't tell me about this big project you guys are starting- sorry I was blabbing too much about me. It will be so nice for you to have a designated playroom and office. Kid toys have definitely taken over our house at this point. Have fun tomorrow and say hi to Ari and Q for me!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what the basement will look like when it's finished. It will be so nice to have that added space! Anyway, I'l be seeing you today when we watch Santa arrive via helicopter. It should be quite the sight. Poor, Olivia! She's all confuzzed.