Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Addicted to Ariel

Olivia is no longer Olivia. We must call her Ariel. And Vince, well he is King Triton. I am Ariel's mama (who doesn't exist in the movie) and Sophia is Flounder. Olivia must listen to her Little Mermaid songs in the car. I mean, seriously...it is pretty sad when you catch yourself singing along to 'Part of Your World'. We must watch The Little Mermaid at least 5 times a day- okay, that's an exaggeration but she would watch it 5 times a day if we let her! She must wear Ariel big girl pants and she had to have an Ariel tshirt we saw in the store. It goes on and on, coloring books- Ariel, pictures she draws- of Ariel, new bed she wants- Ariel, etc., etc.

Just wondering how long this little obsession with Ariel is going to last....

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh Ariel sure is "Part of your World." Watching Olivia sing those songs is the funniest. She has absolutely serious facial expressions to go along with the lyrics. I really want to make her a set of fins to wear...but I'm afraid they wouldn't be Ariel-like enough. Hmmm...maybe I'll take my chances.

The Bowens said...

At least she is not obsessed with The Wiggles. That would be creepy huh? A Wiggles bed!?!?

Anonymous said...

Olivia...sorry, Ariel...is too funny! I love that she can just get gay with the rest of us! When I was in Ithaca this past week, Sabrina and I were actually singing "Part of Your World" when we were hiking the trails (Sabrina has those pictures posted). We were singing sooooo loudly, mostly hoping to keep the bears away.

Lea & Kevin said...

I remember the time that I sang that song all the time. I think my obsession probably lasted about a year. Hope Olivia's obsession doesn't last that long for your sake.