Saturday, January 19, 2008

You'd Think We Were Applying to College...

We visited our 4th (and hopefully last) open house for preschool this morning. I have to say that my first choice is still the one we looked at last week. It's a preschool located about 20 minutes from our house... on the same grounds as a golf course (which Vince loves). I had a feeling that I would love this school even before seeing it. I love it even more after looking at the other schools. The school 'was created as an interactive learning environment for children to develop an understanding of the larger meanings of life and the importance of stewardship'. Mainly wooden toys, a focus on family and the environment... it is exactly what I am looking for.

We filled out an application last week... and now we are patiently waiting with our fingers crossed that a spot will be found for Olivia. Although it is an exciting time, I feel a little stressed about it. It will be Olivia's first school experience and I want it to be great. I am really hoping it works out because it is the only school we applied to... We should hear in a couple of weeks. Please, please keep your fingers crossed for us!

3 comments:

The Bowens said...

Our fingers are crossed for you guys!!

Sabrina said...

The whole school thing is such a big deal these days...I really hope you (or rather Olivia) gets into that great sounding school.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'm sure Olivia will be accepted into her "reach" school. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she doesn't have to settle for her "safety."