Monday, May 12, 2008

Best Mother's Day

I hope all the mothers out there had a great day yesterday.... You all deserve it!

The sun finally came out here after a few days of gray, rain, and cold. Yesterday was a beautiful day. Although I was up with my little buddy Sophia at 5:45am, Vince happily stayed up with her so I could sleep in. That was a nice treat. The rest of the day was spent getting my hair done (long overdue highlighting job), doing a little browsing/shopping after my hair appointment, and getting together with Mom, Dad, Sonja, Ari, Quintin, Boo, Dave, Kai, and my family for a late lunch.

I also have to mention that Vince gave me such a nice gift -- a new camera, lens, and tripod. I have been hinting about a new camera and he did great- thank you sweet husband! I can't wait to try it out! Sabrina, I am going to need your help with this camera for sure!

Me and Liv
Mor Mor with the girls

Kai with his make shift hat Boo made him to protect him from the sun

Quintin and Sonja

4 comments:

The Bowens said...

I'm so jealous that you got a new camera. The one that I want is on sale right now so I may have to save up and make a purchase. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day!

Nancy said...

A new camera from Vince?? Back in the day when we used to ask my dad - "What are you getting mom for Mother's Day?" dad would respond - "She's not my mother." Laura, you are so lucky! I did get a sweet card from Steve & Mike, along with phone calls. Bob did let me go on a long run - in training for the Boilerhater (new event).

Nancy said...

The girls are so cute with your mom - love Olivia's studious look in those glasses. And who is this adorable Quintin? Is this Ari's little guy?

Sabrina said...

Sleeping in, highlights, a family get together AND a new camera? That's one kick ass mother's day. And these pictures of all the cousins are too adorable!